Friday, May 8, 2009

Lost Generation

Dr. Langholz brought a video to my attention that I thought was a great motivation to reflect on Educational Psychology. This was a video about the "lost generation," and the way that people have started to live. This affects teachers a lot, with changing morals, habits, and lifestyles. I was surprised by what was being said and, unfortunately, how truthful it was. Happiness DOES come from within and money will not be a reason for happiness. We have seen countless examples of this, and with our impending environment crisis, money is worthless. When people start to realize the importance of living WITH the Earth and not living against it, then we can see real happiness. We can overcome statistics for the future and have hope that the world is able to be improved. I loved the way this read when it turned around, and if we think that way, then education will improve as well. If everyone stopped being so worried about money, there would be more teachers, more desire to learn, and less pressure to be the best of the best.

Watch the video about Lost Generation here:

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you completely. We need a paradigm shift to reevaluate our priorities and think about what is really important in life and education. But is this feasible? We will learn to burn less fossil fuels until gas costs $20 a gallon. Will we learn to value our education until no one can get a job because everything is being outsourced to other people in the world with better work ethics and education? I am not sure that our society will change priorities until they absolutely have to, or until they personally feel the negative effects. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete