I’m on my way to Arizona! (I’m writing this in the plane in a word document and will post it later.) ;) So far, everything has gone without a hitch. I got to the airport super early and checked in super early. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I could check BOTH of my bags for the one price I was expecting to check ONE for! That was great, because now I only have my mega purse with me.
I said goodbye to Mom and Hannah, which was somewhat tough, but Mom knew she wasn’t allowed to cry. She was way more stressed out about everything than I was! Surprising? Not really. The Quad Cities airport wasn’t busy at all and I had very little stress going through baggage and security. In fact, I met the most adorable couple who are on their way back to their home in Arizona. They are both probably 95 years old and I wish I was sitting by them on the plane! I also met a cute little girl who had a “Stitch” stuffed animal while going through security.
People told me so many “pieces of advice” about airports. They said that security would be tough to deal with, everyone would be jerks, I wouldn’t have any leg room, I probably wouldn’t get a window seat, my bags would be too heavy, that my ears would pop so bad… But guess what?! None of that is true. I’m realizing more and more that you definitely can’t believe what you hear all the time. You should be prepared for the worst, but so far this has been the best! Everyone’s experience will be different, and having a positive outlook and attitude is so essential. Speaking of, the lady next to me (okay not right next to me, I got lucky and the middle seat is open!) is not very pleasant. She’s a preschool/special ed teacher’s assistant, and I don’t see how. She already complained about pretty much everything there is to complain about, and I just smiled and nodded. Not worth it. She’s asleep now so I’m fine with that!
A few minutes ago, I watched a ton of lightning in a huge storm cloud. That was pretty incredible and a view I won’t soon forget. I really can’t wait to fly into Phoenix and see the skyline at night. I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited about anything before! Soon I get to see my cousins and feel this “dry heat” they speak of.
I’m listening to this little boy talk about where he lives. Someone asked him if he lives in Phoenix, and he said, “No, far far away.” Then they asked “are you a U of A Wildcat?” He said, “NO, I’m a KID!” I am loving this. Soon I will get to spend all day with kids and hear their hilarious comments!
To sum this up, I officially love flying. Time to look out the window some more! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment